That’s the equation behind Skinnytaste, an online and print dieting sensation.
Many Skinnytaste recipes employ the air fryer. Why? Because it is quick and easy to use and it reduces fattening oils. It also helps retain that savory, deep-fried flavor that kids and adults often crave. Which air fryer do Skinnytaste’s recipe creators use?
Originally, Skinnytaste recipe creators employed the Nuwave Brio air fryer. Later, however, Skinnytaste founder Gina Homolka teamed up with Vremi to create a unique air fryer specifically for Skinnytaste aficionados.
Skinnytaste was founded in 2008 as a merging of Homolka’s two passions – food and photography. Today, Skinnytaste has 5 million Facebook fans and over 3 million unique visitors to the website monthly.
The Skinnytaste mission is to promote recipes, meal plans, and gadgets that are both “skinny” and “tasty.” The recipes are “skinny” in that they are healthy, whole foods that are clean and often seasonal. They also don’t sacrifice flavor. Says Homolka, “This is the same food I cook on a daily basis for friends and family, and they are some of my toughest critics!”
Portion control is another core philosophy of Skinnytaste. When you do (and eat) all things in moderation, it is possible to promote a healthy lifestyle within your family – without them even knowing that it’s good for them!
Key Features of the Skinnytaste Air Fryer by Vremi
Skinnytaste author Gina Homolka set out to produce an air fryer her readers would love.
Don’t just air fry – your Skinnytaste air fryer can also grill, roast, or bake your favorite foods. You’ll notice reduced cooking times, lower energy usage, and less heating of your kitchen when compared with a standard oven. You can select from eight presets – including bacon, shrimp, pork chops, French fries, chicken, potatoes, fish, and pastries – to make preparing dinner even easier.
Easy-to-Use Touchscreen Controls
In addition to the presets discussed above, you can take control by manually setting the time and temperature. The temperature has a wide range of 140 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (F). The pre-heat function raises the oven to the desired temperature before cooking begins to ensure precise cooking every time.
Advanced Safety Features
The air fryer’s non-stick surfaces are PFOA-free. The appliance is FDA approved, meets the UL requirement, and is certified by ETL. Thus, you can feel good about using it to cook for your family.
Extra Large Capacity and Easy Cleanup
The 5.8-quart fryer basket is large enough to cook for your whole family. All removable parts have a non-stick surface and are dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.
Size and Appearance
Like many others on the market today, the Skinnytaste air fryer is roughly egg-shaped with a black exterior. Its digital touchscreen display is located on the front of the appliance, just above the drawer. The air fryer is 13.4 inches wide and 13.8 inches tall, allowing it to fit easily on any countertop.
Amazing Skinny Taste Air Fryer Recipes
Skinnytaste recipes combine healthful ingredients with outstanding flavors. We’ve adapted the following recipes from Homolka’s originals to give you a taste of what the Skinnytaste air fryer by Vremi can do for you.
Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp
You’ll feel like you’re at a Louisiana crawfish boil when you dig into this hearty dinner.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
¼ tbsp ground cayenne pepper
½ tbsp garlic powder
¼ tbsp onion powder
⅓ tbsp sea salt
1 pound shrimp, peeled
6 ounces Andouille or smoked sausage, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
1 yellow squash, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
- If using uncooked sausage, air fry at 370 F for 5 minutes. Slice.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp and vegetables. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Stir in sausage.
- Add half of the mixture to the air fryer basket. Cook for 8 minutes at 400 F.
- Repeat with the remaining shrimp mixture.
- Return both batches to the air fryer and cook at 400 F for 1 minute.
- Serve and enjoy!
Air Fryer Whole Chicken
Yes, you can make a whole chicken in your Skinnytaste air fryer!
Servings: 2 to 4
Prep Time: About 1 hour
1 3-pound chicken
1 pint buttermilk
3 tsp salt
- One day before cooking, sprinkle the chicken with 2 tsp salt.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and marinate in buttermilk. After a few hours, turn the chicken over. Let marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer. Sprinkle with ½ tsp salt.
- Air fry at 350 F for 25 minutes.
- Turn chicken over and sprinkle with ½ tsp salt. Air fry for an additional 25 minutes at 350 F.
- Remove to a serving platter. Insert a knife between the leg and thigh – the chicken should be crisp and golden brown and the juices should be clear in color.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serve these with air-fried bok choy, cut lengthwise and marinated in olive oil, salt, and garlic powder.
Servings: 4 to 8
Prep Time: 2 ½ hours
8 boneless chicken thighs
¼ cup soy sauce
2 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp honey
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp Sriracha
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 green onion, sliced
1 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a small mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, honey, garlic, ginger, and sriracha.
- Pour half over the chicken. Allow to marinate at least two hours. Reserve the remainder of the sauce in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F. Cook chicken in a single layer for 14 minutes. Cook in multiple batches if necessary.
- Simmer remaining sauce over low heat until it thickens.
- Drizzle sauce over chicken and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
Skinnytaste Air Fryer Cookbooks
Can’t get enough of that Skinnytaste flavor? You’ll discover recipes for every day of the year when you delve into these cookbooks by Gina Homolka and Heather K. Jones.
Skinnytaste One and Done
This cookbook contains 140 healthy, flavorful recipes for your Skinnytaste air fryer, Instant Pot, slow cooker, oven, stovetop, and more. The recipes are “one and done” – one pot, one meal, easy to clean up. The cookbook is available in hardcover or a digital version for Kindle devices and smartphones.