You’ve seen them on television. You’ve seen them in sales papers. Maybe your best friend or next door neighbor even has one. Air fryers are all the rage, and you want one, too.
The problems is, this useful, compact kitchen appliance seems to be priced outside your budget. Never fear, because air fryers are available in an economical price range.
In fact, many cost $100.00 or less.
- Most Popular: GoWise 7 in 1 Air Fryer
- Best Value: Stove & Brick Air Fryer
- Best Manual Air Fryer: Cozyna Air Fryer
- Best Digital Air Fryer: NuWave Digital Air Fryer
Are the less expensive air fryers of good quality? Are they just as good as the pricier models? Why should you buy an air fryer, anyway? We’re here to answer all of these questions, and more.
Are Air Fryers Worth the Price?
Air fryers on the on the market today range in price from around $50.00 to well over $300.00.
Are they worth the hype?
Air fryers are beneficial for a number of reasons. They are more energy efficient than conventional ovens, requiring less preheating time, less cook time, and less electricity to operate. The food is touted as being a healthier alternative to deep-fried treats because it uses much less oil – 75 to 80 percent less, on average. The compact design makes it an ideal appliance for efficiency apartments, dorm rooms, and minimalist kitchens.
What does an air fryer do?
It is basically a compact convection oven that cooks food rapidly using super-heated air. A fan within the appliance circulates the air for even and efficient cooking. This leaves food crispy on the outside while moist on the inside. The result is similar to frying, but without the grease.
How often should you expect to use your air fryer?
Many owners report using their appliance at least 3 to 4 days per week. That’s a lot of use – and the convenience of the air fryer will save you time and hassle in the process. Good food and peace of mind – that’s too good of a deal to pass up.
Are Digital Air Fryers Better Than Manual?
As we saw in the product comparison above, pricier air fryers have interesting features such as digital touch screen displays, while some of the less expensive models have manual controls in the form of buttons and knobs. Are digital air fryers superior?
Digital displays offer a number of features that manual controls do not. For example, digital controls make it easy to customize temperature, cook time, and other options. Some even have presets that allow you to pre-program the air fryer for your favorite foods. For example, if you frequently heat pizza at 375 degrees for two minutes, your appliance will remember and you can make your pizza with a simple touch of a button. Digital air fryers also include a lighted display so you can easily check the temperature and remaining time.
Manual air fryers still allow you to control temperature and cook time, although the ranges of each may be more limited. To set a manual air fryer, you will use one knob to determine the temperature, and another to set the cook time.
Is one method preferable? That is a matter of personal preference. Whether fancy or not, you can use your air fryer to cook like a pro.
*at the time of this article products were below $100
Recommended Air Fryers
The following list includes many of the best models on the market today.
Stove & Brick 3.2 Quart Air Fryer
- EAT HEALTHY - Air frying provides an oil-free alternative to enjoying fried foods, vegetables and meat. Even great for vegetarians and vegans!
Touted as being “noticeably quiet,” this air fryer is designed for ease of use. The large display is easy to see and maneuver, and the cooking basket is simple to remove and replace with no “special instructions” for unlocking it. This feature is unique among air fryers and addresses one of the most common user complaints.
- Extra large digital touch screen for ease of use
- Dishwasher safe pan and basket with no-peel non-stick coating made from non-toxic,
organic silicone resin
- Noise reduction technology for quieter convection
- Square basket that allows for larger food capacity than rounded models
Cozyna 3.7 Quart Air Fryer
- Full flavor, zero guilt by using less oil: The air fryer technology is the healthiest alternative to frying with oil
Choose between a sleek black and chrome manual air fryer or a shiny, rectangular air fryer with a digital display. This model exceeds the maximum temperatures of most other air fryers in its class, cooking at temperatures up to 400 degrees.
- Available with digital or manual controls
- Includes print and digital cookbooks totaling over 50 recipes
- Stormic air flow technology
- Temperatures up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleanup
Avalon Bay 3.7 Quart Air Fryer
- 90 DAY RETURNS: If you are not completely satisfied with your Avalon-Bay Air Fryer, simply return it within 90 days of receipt for a full refund.
A sleek and colorful model with an egg shaped design, this air fryer is uniquely equipped to bake small cakes, pizzas, and other pastries, straight out of the box – no additional accessories needed. If you want an affordable air fryer with the same extras as the big guys, this is the one for you.
- Comes in your choice of black, red, or white exterior to match any kitchen decor
- Heats up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Includes an additional non-stick baking dish for making personal pizzas, cakes, and more
- 52 page cookbook included
NuWave 36001 Brio Air Fryer
- Digital LED controls ensure accuracy and consistent results
A lightweight champ at only eight pound, this air fryer’s optional accessory kit sets it apart from the rest. Use the adjustable rack to cook two or more types of food at once. Spring form pans are also available from the manufacturer, allow you even greater culinary possibilities.
- Extremely light weight, making it ideal for college dorms or frequent moves
- Digital display enables accurate control
- Optional accessory kit includes 30 recipe cookbook, reversible 1/4 inch to 2 inch stainless steel rack, and nonstick baking pan
- Square basket design allows for maximum capacity in a small appliance
- Safety features prevent operation when basket is not in place
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleanup
Bella Electric Hot Air Fryer
- 1500 watt convection-type circulating heat system
The Bella air fryer is the most price-conscious model to make our list. Small in stature, this little fryer has a large capacity of 2.2 pounds – nearly as much as the Philips XL. It uses manual controls with separate knobs for time and temperature.
- Extremely affordable
- Heats up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Up to 2.2 pound capacity
- 60 minute timer offers longer cook times and automatic safety shutoff
GoWise USA 3.7 Quart Programmable 7-in-1 Air Fryer,
- The latest model of electric Air Fryer lets you enjoy your favorite foods without the added calories of oil.
GoWise may be the wisest choice on our list if you’re looking for an affordable air fryer with all the fixings. Not only does this air fryer come in three colors and sport a digital display, but it also has seven pre-programmed cooking functions for various types of food. An optional accessory set is available that rivals those of larger, more expensive models.
- Touch screen display for accurate programming
- 7 built in “smart programs,” including chips, meat, fish, shrimp, chicken, and steak.
- Your choice of red, white, or black exterior to match your kitchen decor
- Optional accessory set that includes a 7 inch baking pan, 8 inch pizza or pie pan, insert rack with three skewers, an additional insert rack, a toasting rack for bread or taco shells, and a silicone trivet.
You can obtain a high quality air fryer on a budget. The above models are proof that there are numerous models available for under $100.00. If you’ve got an extra c-note in your pocket, buy yourself an air fryer today. Your taste buds will thank you. The only question that remains is, what’s for dinner?
Last update on 2017-12-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API