You already know that air fryers make it easier to cook healthy food. If you’re in the market for an air cooker, it’s important to know exactly what to look for. You’ll learn about the reasons to choose a small air fryer over a larger air fryer as well as how to research fryer capacity, counter space footprints, and much more.
Quick Look – Best Small Air Fryer Choices
Note: Clicking the above links will take you to further information, current prices and customer reviews on Amazon.
Top-Rated Compact Air Fryers
Here are the Best Air Fryers Ranked, in Order:
|1000w||1.2 qt.||Manual||1-year||See Price|
GoWISE USA GW22632
|1700w||2.75 qt.||Digital||1-year||See Price|
|1500w||2.6 qt.||Manual||1-year||See Price|
|1200w||2.1 qt.||Manual||1-year||See Price|
|1800w||2.6 qt.||Manual||1-year||See Price|
Best Compact Air Fryers – Top 5 Recommendations
Some quick market research will show that there are quite a few small and compact air fryers available. Once you know the pros and cons, it’s easier to pick one that fits your needs.
The Dash Compact Air Fryer offers a 1.2-liter capacity that is small enough to fit on your countertop and large enough to cook a healthy meal for one. The fryer is packed with features, including a 30-minute timer with an automatic shut off system and temperature dial for convenient controls. The cool-touch housing also makes it easy to pull hot food from the fryer without fear of getting burned.
The fryer only takes about 15 minutes to preheat for getting ready to cook meals. 15 recipes are included in the recipe guide, helping you to get started. It’s going to take up a footprint of 10.2 inches by 8.1 inches and stand 11.4 inches high. Additionally, there are non-slip feet on the unit for stability, so it will stay put on your countertop as you air fry various foods.
- Protects against over-heating
- Metal food basket is Teflon coated to avoid sticking
- Cool-touch housing prevents you from getting burnt
- Various parts are dishwasher safe
- HEALTHIER FRIED FOOD: Dash Compact Air Fryer uses AirCrisp technology (instead of oil) to help reduce added fat by 70-80%, without sacrificing the flavor of your fried food (No more residual smell hours after you’ve eaten)
- QUICK plus EASY: Short on time. Simply load the 2 qt capacity fryer basket, set the temp, and set the timer. Your food comes out crispy, guaranteed, EVERY TIME. And in less time than it takes to pre-heat your oven, making it more energy efficient
- SAFER: The auto-shut off function prevents overcooking, and the cool touch housing and handle makes it easy to use.
- VERSATILE: This is the PERFECT appliance for picky eaters, large families, or those who have busy schedules. Appetizers to desserts, 1 dozen chicken wings, 1lb French fries, even baked goods, and all within minutes of setting the timer - it couldn’t be easier.
- COMPACT plus LIGHTWEIGHT: Half the weight of a standard fryer, the Dash Air Fryer is your MUST-HAVE for that first apartment, smaller kitchen, college dorm life, or camper/rv traveling. Plus, its sleek design and trendy color options will accent any kitchen space.
The 1.6-liter air fryer by Tatung is pure white. It features a 30-minute timer, a stainless steel cooking basket, and temperature controls that go up to 400 F. Both the inner pot and basket are detachable for easy cleaning, though neither are identified as being dishwasher safe. The unit is one of the shorter ones, at 10.5 inches high. However, the footprint is a little larger, at 11.4 inches by 13.3 inches.
Tatung is a Taiwanese brand that has been creating various products since 1918. Since it is backed by a longstanding brand, it reasons that the air fryer is durable and long-lasting. Very few reviews are available on this fryer, however, making it difficult to determine what others have to say about its quality and construction.
- A 1.6-quart capacity offers plenty of room
- 30-minute timer ensures convenience
- Parts are detachable for easy cleaning
- 1.6 quart Capacity
- 30 Minute Timer
- Temperature Control from 180 degree F to 400 degree F
- 304 Stainless steel cooking basket
- Dishwasher-safe parts
The Gourmia GAF228 Hot Air Fryer involves no oil with a fryer capacity of 2.2 quarts. It’s on the larger end of the spectrum for small and compact fryers. The adjustable 30-minute timer and 400 F temperature is standard in this model, along with the rapid air circulation technology found in virtually every other fryer on the market.
There is a compact design, so you won’t have to worry about having to deal with a lot of components. Further, the removable tray makes it easy to keep clean. As for dimensions, they aren’t listed; the weight, however, is a mere 7.3 pounds, lighter than many of the other models available.
A bonus cookbook will help you to make an array of fried snacks without using oil. As for reviews, there are very few available to provide an intimate knowledge of how everything works.
- 2.2-quart capacity provides plenty of space
- Adjustable timer provides convenience
- Both pan and basket are removable
- HEALTHY COOKING: RadiVection 360° Technology allows you to roast, bake, broil, grill, and of course FRY all of your favorite foods without fat or oil
- ALWAYS CRISPY: Perfect Crisp System and removable, nonstick tray make food crispy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside
- QUICK RESULTS: Express Heat System cooks food up to 30% faster than an oven
- TOUCH CONTROLS: LCD display with digital controls to adjust time and temperature settings
- ETL-CERTIFIED: We, at Gourmia, take the quality of our products seriously. This product is ETL-certified so you can be confident that you’re receiving a safe, efficient, high-quality appliance
The Black+Decker Purify 2-Liter Air Fryer includes an array of features, including dual convection fans, adjustable temperature controls, and a 60-minute timer. The unit automatically turns off once the timer is up to provide convenience. Additionally, removable parts are nonstick, helping to simplify the cleanup process. The fryer is backed by the Black+Decker name, too.
The unit offers a lot of features, though it’s on the larger end of compact air fryers. The footprint measures 11.5 inches by 11.5 inches and stands tall at 13 inches.
- 2-liter capacity provides room for snacks and entrees
- Cool touch handle makes it safe to touch
- Nonstick, removable parts keeps cleanup to a minimum
- 2L Capacity- The 2-liter (about 8-cup) capacity can fit snacks or main dishes for the whole family
- Nonstick, Removable Parts - The nonstick pan, basket, and separator make cleanup quick and easy
- Adjustable Temperature Control - Find the best frying temperature for everything from frozen vegetables to pizza rolls The temperature control varies from 175-400° degrees
- 60-Minute Timer - The 60-minute timer allows for precision cooking on a wide range of foods The unit will automatically turn off when the timer is up
- Cool-Touch Handle - Safely retrieve and pour out food when cooking is complete. Dishwasher Safe
The Kalorik FT43875 Air Fryer has a 1.6-liter food basket capacity. You can enjoy temperature controls from 175 to 400 F with the unit. There is a 30-minute timer so you can set the food time that works for what you’re cooking. Additionally, the basket and removable trivet are dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean up a mess.
The footprint of this unit measures 10.4 inches by 8.2 inches, which isn’t a lot of space. It will also fit most countertops at 12.2 inches high. The reviews on the unit are not plentiful, but the ones in place to speak about how serviceable it is as well as how it provided a good value based on the cost.
- 1.6-liter food basket capacity provides frying space for plenty of items
- Dishwasher safe parts keeps cleanup simple
- Temperature controls and timer ensures full control of fryer
- Quick cooks food with high-speed hot air circulation
- 1.6L/1.75qt food basket capacity.
- Dishwasher safe basket and removable trivet.
- Temperature control from 175F to 400F. 30-minute timer.
- Satisfaction guaranteed: our Kalorik personal blander is the most Trusted on the market and includes a 1-year manufacturer warranty (purchased through Kalorik).
Why Buy a Small Capacity Air Fryer in the First Place?
A small air fryer might be all that you need and for good reasons.
You Have Limited Counter Space
Whether you’re in an RV, a tiny house, or simply have limited counter space, you have to look at the dimensions of an air fryer. The last thing you want is a countertop appliance invading every last inch of space that you have. Some of the larger units on the market can take up 15 inches or more. That’s a lot of space.
A compact air fryer will usually take up no more than 12 inches. Plus, you can choose to stow it away when it’s not in use.
You’re Cooking for One
If you’re the only one that you cook for, there’s no need to buy a unit that’s designed to feed a family of four. You’re wasting your money buying a unit that’s much bigger than what you need. A compact air fryer will be plenty large enough to cook a steak, fry up a small basket of chicken wings, and much more.
You Want a Budget-Friendly Option
Smaller units mean smaller prices. Depending on the model that you ultimately decide on, you will typically pay between $40 and $75. That’s much easier to spend than the hundreds of dollars that you would have to spend on the units designed to feed large families.
You Need to Cook Multiple Foods at Once
When you’re trying to multi-task in the kitchen, you have a lot of cooking going on. There are plenty of tips on how to get more done in the kitchen. However, it often comes down to using multiple appliances capable of cooking.
An air fryer can be used in conjunction with your oven, your microwave, and even a toaster oven. Plus, you can add racks inside your fryer for layering multiple foods. It ensures you can cook everything you need at the temperature that’s right for the food without having to keep anything warm while waiting for the other food to be finished.
Do I Need Any Additional Accessories?
It’s highly recommended that you have an oil sprayer along with your air fryer.
With so many different air fryers on the market, it’s important to look at one that’s capable of providing you with all of the features needed.
We’re a fan of the Dash Compact Air Fryer, in aqua. While it comes in several colors, the aqua adds a unique splash of color that isn’t found with many models on the market. It’s an affordable air fryer that is compact enough to take up minimal space.
It’s got what it takes to cook your food without using oil, so it’s a cooker you can spend your money on confidently.