image source (philips)
Most consumer items, including air fryers and other appliances, are designed with a “lifespan” in view. In the science of sociology, this is referred to as being “designed for the dump.” In other words, few appliances are meant to be repaired and last for years. Instead, we use them until they wear out and then replace them with a newer model.
Additionally, the manufacturing and inspection process cannot detect every defective item that rolls off the assembly line. For example, broken basket handles, peeling non-stick surfaces, and units that will not power on are sometimes encountered by air fryer users.
- STRESS-FREE COOKING: Meet the Pro 5.8-Quart Air Fryer, the highly-efficient tool that brings healthier fried flavors to your countertop.
- PERFECT RESULT: An NTC sensor sends accurate information to the air fryer, which automatically adjusts temperatures to keep fluctuations under 5°F for evenly cooked meals.
- ONE-TOUCH COOKING: Choose from 13 convenient cooking functions with a single touch, each finely tuned by COSORI chefs to product the tastiest results. You can also choose your preferred temperature and time for your personal recipes.
- LARGE CAPACITY: The air fryer's spacious 5.8-quart square baskets can fit a whole 5-pound chicken. Additionally, the corner spaces provide more cooking capacity and flexibility than round designs. Cook the perfect amount of food for 3–5 people in one go.
- 100 INCLUDED RECIPES: Find inspiration for every meal with 100 original, COSORI-chef-created recipes that include size, cook time, and temperature. Even beginner chefs can cook with confidence.
This poses a distinct challenge for consumers. You want to get the most for your money – you want an appliance that is going to last. That’s where the warranty comes in.
Most manufacturers offer a warranty ranging from 30 days to three years. The warranty allows you to exchange the product or get it fixed at no additional cost to you. A good warranty allows you to buy with confidence, knowing that you will be able to use this appliance for at least the span of the warranty, if not longer. Here, we’ll examine the best air fryer warranties on the market today.
Our Favorite Air Fryer Picks
Air Fryer Warranty Comparison
Air Fryers with the Best Warranty
Small kitchen appliances often have warranties of one year or less. These air fryers, however, rock the boat with warranties lasting two to three years. Check out the features of the air fryers from manufacturers who shand behind their products.
This compact countertop oven can serve as an air fryer or toaster oven.
Use the manual knobs to set the timer up to 60 minutes, the temperature up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (F), select from among seven functions (warm, broil, convection broil, toast, bake, convection bake, and air fry), and three toast settings.
Two rack levels allow you to toast six slices of bread, bake a 12-inch pizza, or air fry a 4-pound chicken.
Size and Appearance
This oven has a brushed stainless steel exterior available in silver or black and a large viewing window in the oven door. Four manual control knobs, an oven light button, and an indicator light are located above the door. It has a small footprint with dimensions of 15.5 by 16 by 14 inches. The oven weighs 21 pounds.
- COOKING FUNCTIONS: This premium 1800 watt toaster oven and AirFryer, is equipped with an AirFry setting plus toast, convection bake, bake, convection broil, broil, warming feature, with a wide temperature range (Warm-450°F)
- CAPACITY: Large enough to toast 6-slices of bread, air fry 3-pounds of chicken wings, bake a 12-inch pizza or roast a 4-pound chicken
- SUPERIOR OPERATION: Equipped with an adjustable temperature dial, 60-minute timer/auto-shutoff and a toast shade selector to ensure your meals are cooked to perfection.
- INCLUDES: Oven light, oven rack, baking pan, AirFry basket and a nonstick easy-clean interior to make cleanup simple.
- LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies.
Philips has been a leader in the air consumer fryer market since its inception.
This air fryer has a 3.5-quart capacity to create up to four servings in a single cook cycle. Use the digital touchscreen to adjust the timer up to 60 minutes and the temperature up to 390 F.
Size and Appearance
The Philips XL air fryer is available in your choice of black, white, or grey. It has a yellow digital touchscreen display located on the front of the appliance. It also has cooking times and temperatures for common items such as French fries and chicken printed right on its exterior. Its dimensions are 16.6 by 12.4 by 11.9 inches and it weighs nearly 19 pounds.
A “smart” air fryer for the kitchen of tomorrow, the first Wi-Fi enabled air fryer that you can control using your favorite electronic devices.
Use the large digital touchscreen to select one of thirteen pre-programmed functions, or customize your cook time and temperature. The square basket maximizes cooking space, allowing you to cook a six-pound rotisserie chicken. The basket is PFOA-free, BPA-free, and dishwasher safe.
The newest versions of this model are also compatible with Alexa and a dedicated smartphone app. You can even schedule your cooking time up to four hours in advance.
Size and Appearance
This large air fryer has a black exterior. A large black and white touchscreen digital display is placed at an ergonomic angle on the front of the appliance. It weighs 16.45 pounds and has the dimensions of 11.8 by 12.6 by 11.7 inches.
- PORTABLE & COMPACT : Big enough to hold food for 1-3 people with its 3.7-quart basket，Its compact size won’t take up too much kitchen space. This air fryer is the perfect size for a college dorm or apartment.
- 13 EASY FUNCTIONS : Our air fryer comes with 13 one-touch cooking functions, including 11 food-specific presets, a Preheat, and a Keep Warm option. Not sure how to cook something, Whether you want french fries, steak, or chicken—we’ve got the preset for it.
- 100 RECIPES GIFT : The air fryer comes with a cookbook of 100 recipes by COSORI R&D chefs, including five categories, breakfast, entrees, appetizers, sides and desserts—More inspiration for your dishes.
- CUT DOWN 85% OIL : Recreate your favorite foods with 85% less oil. Want a healthy alternative to fried food, Using the COSORI air fryer, you can freely enjoy the same flavors you normally would with traditional deep-frying.
- CLEANING WORRYING-FREE : With nonstick, dishwasher-safe baskets, free from BPA and PFOA. Enjoy an easy cleanup after cooking.
Should I buy an Extended Warranty or Appliance Protection Plan?
Many online and brick-and-mortar retailers offer extended warranties at the time of purchase, which may be referred to as service or protection plans. Typically, these warranties are a small fraction of the item’s cost and may extend the product warranty by up to three years.
Is it worth it to buy an extended warranty? According to warranty experts, you can ask yourself the following four questions to determine whether you should buy an extended warranty.
- Who will stand behind the warranty? A number of companies offer extended warranty services. Some companies have better customer service reputations than others. Find out who is offering the warranty, and search for reviews.
- Is this the best price? Because there are a number of options out there, you might want to shop around and compare warranty prices and options. Some warranties can only be initiated at the time of purchase, so do this research in advance if possible.
- What is covered? Some appliance warranties cover both product defects and accidental damage; others only cover manufacturer defects. Also, find out how the warranty can be claimed and what reparations will be made. Do you have to bring the appliance back to the store, mail it to the company, or simply send a photo of the damage? If you have to ship it, does the company cover shipping costs? Will a broken appliance be repaired, replaced with a refurbished model, or replaced with a new product?
- Do you really need an extended warranty? Do user reviews frequently complain of faults that would be remedied by the warranty? How does the warranty price compare to the purchase price in the event of appliance failure? Do you see yourself desiring (and purchasing) a newer model of this appliance before the end of the warranty period?
If you are satisfied with your answers to the above questions, then go for it – a warranty might be beneficial to you. If not, simply keep track of the warranty ensured by product purchase.
Many common air fryer complaints, such as broken handles, peeling non-stick surfaces, and unit malfunctions, can be ameliorated if you purchase an item with a good warranty.
If you are concerned about product malfunction or have had a negative experience in the past, don’t buy an air fryer that has a 30-day, 90-day, or even a 1-year warranty. Select an option that has a 2 to 3-year warranty.
Many retailers also offer extended warranties that can be redeemed through third-party companies.
Don’t forget to keep your proof of purchase, including the sales receipt or packing slip and the product UPC. Retain the product packaging until you have had a chance to use the appliance for a few weeks and ensure that it is working properly.
Finally, if the product packaging is damaged upon arrival, document it in photos before opening. The same is true if the product is damaged or if problems develop. Photos can help company representatives view the problem and may save you the expense of sending back the defective item.