You’ve seen them on television. You’ve seen them in sales papers. Maybe your best friend or next door neighbor even has one. Air fryers are all the rage, and you want one, too. The problems is, this useful, kitchen gadget seems to be priced outside of your budget.
Never fear, because you can buy an air fryer on any budget and even as low as $50-$100. You can cook outstanding, crispy, juicy meals with either expensive or cheaper priced air fryers. Simply choose the best air fryer available within your price range.
The compact design makes it an ideal appliance for efficiency apartments, dorm rooms, and minimalist kitchens. Check out this guide on whether or not you should even buy an air fryer.
Quick Look – Best Budget Air Fryer Choices
Note: Clicking the above links will take you to further information, current prices and customer reviews on Amazon.
Top-Rated Affordable Air Fryers
|1200w||2.75 qt.||Digital||1-year||See Price|
|1500w||3.7 qt.||Manual||1-year||See Price|
|1550w||4 qt.||Digital||1-year||See Price|
|1400w||5.8 qt.||Digital||1-year||See Price|
|1700w||6.8 qt.||Manual||1-year||See Price|
Best Air Fryer for the Money – Top Recommendations
In selecting the best value in air fryers, we found that we couldn’t choose just one. Check out the following three air fryers which we feel give the best bang for the buck.
GoWise 2.75 Quart
This is a small air fryer that still offers the convenience of a digital display.
This air fryer is unique in that its controls combine the best of digital and manual devices. A blue-lit display clearly illuminates your temperature and cook time. These settings are controlled manually with plus and minus buttons rather than a control knob. This combination ensures cooking accuracy. Set the timer from one to 30 minutes, and the temperature in the range of 170 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. An audible timer sounds to let you know when your meal is ready.
Size and Appearance
This small egg-shaped air fryer looks much like its “big brother,” a larger GoWise model discussed above. It, too, comes in eight different colors. These include black, white, blush, red, yellow, mint, teal, and plum. This compact air fryer is a real space saver, with dimensions of 11 by 8 by 6 inches. It weighs 11 pounds.
- Healthier cooking in 30 min Or Less: thanks to rapid air technology, you can now experience your favorite food without the extra calories. This air fryer can fry, bake, grill and roast with little to no oil.
- Easy to use controls: set the time and temperature using button controls. Set the temperature to 175F - 400F and cook from 1 – 30 minutes. 30-Minute timer will automatically switch to standby mode when complete.
- PFOA-free: comes with a non-stick and PFOA-free air fry pan and basket with a cool touch handle and button guard to prevent accidental detachment.
- Recipe book included: Includes 50 recipes specifically made for GoWISE USA air fryers. Get started today with 50 step-by-step recipes to explore all that your new kitchen gadget has to offer.
Cozyna 3.7 Quart
For small families or individuals, this compact air fryer will make a perfect addition to your kitchen – even if said kitchen offers little counter space.
The basic 1500 watt Cozyna 3.7 quart air fryer has manual controls for temperatures up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook times up to 30 minutes. The ergonomically designed fryer basket handle is “cool touch” for increased safety. All parts are dishwasher safe to ensure easy cleanup. Digital and XL versions of this air fryer are also available.
Size and Appearance
This small, egg shaped air fryer is black in color with silvertone accents. Perfect for smaller spaces, the air fryer is 13 inches tall and has a footprint of 12.2 by 11.5 inches. It weighs only 11 pounds.
- FULL FLAVOR, ZERO GUILT BY USING LESS OIL: The airfryer technology is the healthiest alternative to frying with oil. On average, the cozyna air fryer requires 70% less oil then any conventional fryer
- FRY, BAKE, GRILL and ROAST - ALL in ONE: Fries, grills, bakes, and roasts food using a tablespoon or less of oil to make chicken, burgers, fish, fries and more.
- 2 EXCLUSIVE COOKBOOKS INCLUDED: This air fryer comes with 1 Cookbook and and Additional e-book with more than 50 Recipes Included. From the most nutritious and delicious recipes to cook at home, to the most Jaw-Dropping recipes you didn't know you could make with an air fryer. Those books cover the most basic recipes, such as fries and fried Chicken, to the most spectacular, such as Thai Mushroom and Chicken Meatballs, to finish with the most delicious, such as Molten Chocolate Lava Cake...
- PERFECT GIFT IDEA: 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Buy with confidence as we offer 30-day money back guaranteed if you are not satisfied The cozyna air fyer is the healthiest way to cook your favorite foods such as fries, and hamburger. By allowing you to cook with a spoon or less of oil, the air fryer is the perfect tool to make healthier meals. In average, you will use less than 70% of oil by using the air fryer.
- DISHWASHER SAFE: All parts are dishwasher-safe for a quick and easy clean up
Secura SAF-40 4.2 Quart
If the preceding air fryers seem a bit small for your family, the 4.2 quart Secura air fryer may be just the right fit for you.
The 1500 watt Secura air fryer has manual controls for temperatures between 180 and 390 degrees Fahrenheit and cook times up to 60 minutes – a bonus for slowly cooking meats or casseroles. Non-slip padded feet insure that the air fryer will stay in place on your countertop. The fryer basket and pan are non-stick for convenient cleaning. The Secura air fryer also comes with a barbecue/toaster cooking rack and four kabob skewers. Its “cool touch” exterior affords added safety, as does the auto shut off feature. The air fryer comes with a two year manufacturer’s limited warranty.
Size and Appearance
This air fryer sports a sleek black design with silver buttons and basket handle. Its capacity is 4.2 quarts, allowing you to cook more food than many similarly sized air fryers. The Secura air fryer is just over 13 inches tall, with a 13 square inch footprint. It weighs 14.5 pounds. The electrical cord is 3 feet 8 inches in length, allowing you to find it the perfect place in your kitchen, even some distance from your electrical outlet.
- The Secura 4.2 quart (4-liter) Electric Hot Air Fryer uses hot air in combination with high-speed air circulation (rapid hot air) and a top grill to prepare a variety of tasty dishes in a healthy, fast and easy way
- Extra large 4.2 quart (4-liter) basket, more capacity than most other Air Fryers. Create Healthier food by using less grease in your cooking with the "Hot Air Cooking" method
- 60 minute cooking timer with auto-shut off when your food is done. Heating & Power indicator lights. Variable temperature control 180°~390°F, giving you total control over the food you are cooking
- Accessories included with the Secura Hot Air Fryer for extra versatility;Recipes, BBQ rack & skewers
- 2-Year Manufacturer's Limited Warranty, Only for use with North American Electrical Standards,120V/1500W extra large 4.0 liter capacity
Are Air Fryers Worth the Cost?
Are the less expensive air fryers of good quality? Are they just as good as the pricier models? Why should you buy an air fryer, anyway? We’re here to answer all of these questions and more.
Air fryers are beneficial for a number of reasons. They are more energy efficient than conventional ovens, requiring less preheating time, less cook time, and less electricity to operate. The food is touted as being a healthier alternative to deep-fried treats because it uses much less oil – 75 to 80 percent less, on average.
Cost of Buying an Air Fryer
Air fryers on the on the market today range in price from around $50.00 to well over $300.00. The highest priced air fryers can be as much as $299.99.
Typical Air Fryer Prices
1 qt-2 qt: $49.99-$79.99
3 qt: $69.99-$99.99
4 qt: $99.99-$129.99
5 qt and up: $99.99-$299.99
In most cases, smaller air fryers will cost less than those that are larger. While larger air fryers may be more suitable for feeding bigger families, you can get the same cooking performance from a fryer of any size.
If you are looking for the best bang for your buck, the larger air fryers are most cost-effective.
Best Value Brands
GoWise USA is one of the most popular brands on the market today. Their products range in size from the economical 2.75 quart air fryer to the 5.8 quart XL. Most models feature digital displays with a soothing blue backlight, but dial controls are also available. For the budget-conscious, refurbished models can be purchased directly from the manufacturer. GoWise is based in Phoenix, Arizona and upholds the goal of making “your life easier and maybe even healthier.” All air fryers are FDA approved and ETL certified.
Cozyna produces a 3.7-quart model as well as a 5.8 quart XL model. Numerous accessories are available, including racks, baking pans, pizza pans, and muffin tins. The Cozyna air fryer has been endorsed by both Buzz Feed and Hungry Girl.
The truth is, you don’t have to have the most expensive air fryer to get the job done. One example is the 3.7-quart low noise air fryer produced by GoWISE USA.
This air fryer is on the low end of the price spectrum. Yet, it offers a colorful digital display, a dishwasher-safe basket and drip pan, an egg-shaped design that allows for more capacity in a small package, and a good warranty. And, it will cook your food just like the big guys.
Beware of Cheaper Generic Brands
Popularity breeds imitation, and you’ll see some models with tempting prices. In the end, these generic brands might not offer much value for your dollar. Before buying an appliance without a brand name, check the product’s warranty and the retailer’s return policy. If you run into problems associated with cheap manufacturing, like baskets with finishes that chip off, you’ll want the ability to get a replacement or a refund.
Amazon and some other online retailers, however, might not be as reluctant to deal with generic air fryers of unknown quality. Watch out for third-party sellers with no-name products on online platforms.
With so many sales and discounts available, choosing a ‘no-name’ brand because it is cheap is usually a big mistake. In addition to poor functionality, there are multiple reports of such air fryers not working from the start, not working after a few uses, and worse, starting small electrical fires.
Spend a few extra dollars so you know you won’t have to replace within a few months.
How to Get the Best Deal on an Air Fryer
Below we share 5 tips for buying an air fryer on any kind of budget.
1. Bigger is Better
Once you have chosen a few brands that have the features you like, avoid reducing the size to save on price. While that may be a reasonable consideration for buying cars, air fryers work more like real estate, and every usable inch pays for itself.
2. Price Over Features
If you are trying to get a real bargain on an air fryer, it is important to decide which features are most important to you. Paying the most won’t necessarily buy you a better air fryer.
The bottom line is, these features are fancy and fun, but not necessarily better. Even the most basic models have built-in temperature controls and settable timers, all you need to get the job done.
3. Skip the Accessories
When buying an air fryer on the cheap, you’re not likely to get any extras with it. Keep in mind, however, that the basics – the pan and basket that are integral to every air fryer – will allow you to cook nearly anything you could imagine. With a bit of creativity, you may find other oven-safe dishes, such as mini cake pans, that will fit in the small fryer’s basket. Air fryer accessories can always be purchased at a later date.
4. Look for Deals!
There is always an air fryer ‘on sale’. With over 100 models on the market, that’s no surprise. Not only do the manufacturers have sales, but the big box trusted retailers such as Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy do as well.
5. Go Smaller(We Don’t Recommend It)
If budget truly is your top concern, opt for a smaller fryer. We recommend going with at least three or four quarts as a minimum. This gives you plenty of cooking capacity for meals without breaking your budget.
Holiday Sales & Closeout Deals
You can find a great deal on air fryers of all sizes with a little research and patience. Competition among retailers leads to numerous deals so keep your eyes open during holiday and sale events.
Cheap Doesn’t Always Mean Low Quality
You can obtain a high-quality air fryer on a budget. The above models are proof that there are numerous models available for under $100.00. If you’ve got an extra c-note in your pocket, buy yourself an air fryer today.
Your taste buds will thank you.