Air fryers are the latest trend for fast, healthy, delicious meals. They come in a multitude of sizes with a variety of options. You may balk at this latest trend in counter top appliances if you are on a budget. However, there are plenty of air fryers that are as affordable as they are convenient.
You have no shortage of air fryers that will make each meal easier and faster regardless of your budget. The following guide provides you with everything you need to know to make an informed decision when purchasing an air fryer for yourself. They also make amazing gifts for any occasion at prices that anyone can afford.
Top Budget Air Fryers
GoWISE USA GW22731
|1700w||5.8 qt.||Digital||1-year||See Price|
|1500w||4.2 qt.||Manual||2-year||See Price|
|1500w||4.2 qt.||Manual||1-year||See Price|
What are the Best Air Fryers on a Budget?
Air Fryer Price Ranges by Size
The first step to buying an air fryer on a budget is knowing exactly what to expect in your price range. In most cases, smaller air fryers will cost less than those that are larger. While larger air fryers may be more suitable for feeding bigger families, you can get the same cooking style from a fryer of any size.
Compact air fryers are about one or two quarts in size. These range from $49.99 to about $79.99. Larger air fryers, which are more common, are generally about $89.99 and up.
The highest priced air fryers can be as much as $299.99. You can break down the price of air fryers as follows:
Typical Air Fryer Price Range by Quart
5qt and up: $99.99-$299.99
How to Get the Best Air Fryer Deals
Once you have decided what size air fryer you need and have established your budget, you are ready to shop. Make yourself aware of different types of air fryers. Read about the budget brands, learning all that you can about each one.
The most available budget air fryers are:
You should also keep your eyes open for sales. There are many different brands available through multiple stores, both online and off. Competition among retailers leads to numerous sales. You can find a great deal on air fryers of all sizes with a lot of research and a little patience.
Tips for Buying an Air Fryer on a Budget
You may be tempted to buy the cheapest air fryer you find. That is rarely a good idea. Mysterious off-brands occasionally appear online with prices and reviews that seem too good to be true. These air fryers are often shoddily made. They may not cook your food with the crispness you expect from higher quality fryers. They also have short shelf lives with no dependable warranty. It is better to spend a few dollars more for a fryer you know you won’t have to replace within a few months.
Accessories are unnecessary when it comes to cost effective air fryers. While you may be tempted to purchase additional equipment, it is wiser to wait until you know how often and in what capacity you will use your fryer. Accessories can always be purchased at a later date.
If budget truly is your top concern, opt for a smaller fryer. We recommend a fryer that is at about three or four quarts. This gives you plenty of capacity for meals without breaking your budget.
Recommended Budget Air Fryers
Three Quart Fryers
GoWise USA 3.7-Quart Programmable 7-in-1 Air Fryer
This low-cost air fryer offers an easy solution to cooking. With seven pre-programmed setting, all you have to do is place the food in the basket and press a button. Within minutes you can have plenty of food to feed the entire family.
This GoWise model comes standard with a recipe book to get you started on your new air frying technique. It is also easy to clean. The nonstick surface needs only a simple wash and rinse. The detachable basket lets you quickly serve food, going directly from fryer to plate in seconds.
– Pre-set programs allow you to cook steak, shrimp, fries, fish, meat, chips and more with no fuss.
– Automatic timer goes to standby mode for 30 minutes after frying time is completed.
– Adjustable temperature lets you cook practically anything you desire.
Air Fryer by Cozyna, 3.7 Quart
The Cozyna Air Fryer offers the utmost in ease. Cooking your food takes only minutes. Cleanup is even simpler. Because all parts of this Cozyna air fryer are dishwasher safe, you never have to worry about messy, stuck-on food.
The Cozyna fryer doesn’t just fry food. You can also roast, grill or bake. The cool-touch handle means even children can operate the machine, with supervision. It also comes with two free cookbooks to help you learn how to best prepare foods in this fryer.
– Dishwasher safe parts makes cleanup a snap.
– Two year warranty covers defective parts.
– Free cookbooks worth a total of $49.95 included with purchase.
Stove & Brick Air Fryer, 3.2 Quart
This Stove & Brick air fryer is more than a convenient counter top appliance. It is also a beautiful addition to your kitchen. Along with its ability to perfectly cook your food, the digital display adds a sleek, modern flair to your surroundings.
This air fryer uses a square pan that allows for an easy, even fit for every type of food. It is also simple to clean. Either wash quickly by hand or toss in the dishwasher. The Stove & Brick air fryer is ETL certified so you know you are getting the very best.
– Removable cooking basket is dishwasher safe.
– Versatile settings allow you to bake, fry, grill and even defrost your favorite foods.
– Digital display is both attractive and extra large so it is easy to read and use.
Avalon Bay Air Fryer, 3.7 Quart
The Avalon Bay air fryer offers the best of both worlds. You get the price of a low-end machine with the abilities of a high-price fryer. This model comes with a two-piece baking set that lets you expand your air fryer to an air baker. It also comes with an use guide and recipe book to get you started right.
One of the best features of this fryer is the company’s 90-day return policy. You can feel free to try out the fryer as much as you like. The company will accept it before 90 days after purchase for a full refund as long as it is not in damaged condition.
– 90-day return policy allows you to try the fryer for three months.
– Includes baking dish and multi-use rack for versatility in cooking.
– 3.7 quart capacity cooks meals of all sizes.
Four Quart Fryers
Presto 03421 Electric Air Fryer
This mid-sized air fryer is ideal for families with big appetites who don’t want to spend a lot of money on a counter top appliance. This Presto air fryer has a 4.2 quart capacity basket that can fry, bake and grill foods. This model comes with a guide to let you know exactly how long and at what temperature to air fry all of your favorite meals.
The Presto 03421 model focuses on ease of use. All parts are completely submersible. This allows you to give your fryer a deep clean without worrying about damaging delicate parts. It also has a built-in cord wrap. The electricity cord will not be in your way when the fryer is not in use.
– 4.2 quart basket can be used for both large and small quantities.
– Submersible parts ensure your fryer can be thoroughly cleaned.
– Square shape is stylish and space saving on your counter top.
Secura 4.2 Quart Extra Large Capacity 1500 Watt Electric Hot Air Fryer
When you need versatility, the ability to cook large quantities and a low price, look no further than the Secura 4.2 Quart air fryer. This model puts your needs first at an affordable price.
This Secura fryer comes with accessories that help you get the most out of your fryer. The toaster rack and skewers are perfect for making fancy appetizers, kabobs or even a simple grilled cheese sandwich. It also comes standard with an extra long cord. You can place this appliance anywhere on your counter and still reach an outlet that is three feet away.
– Two-year manufacturer warranty covers defective parts.
– Toaster and skewers are included at no additional cost.
– Square fry basket gives you more room for evenly cooked meals.
Larger Air Fryers
GoWise USA 5.8-Quart Programmable 8-in-1 Air Fryer
GoWise has established itself as a name you can trust in budget air fryers. This model offers a touch screen menu with eight preset programs. Whether you are cooking fries, pizza, cake or shrimp, you will have the perfect cook every time.
The built-in alarm in the GoWise air fryer is an added bonus that you will use every time you cook. This alarm reminds you to shake the basket mid-cook. This gives your food a more even, satisfying flavor.
– Eight preset programs for a variety of cooking options.
– Mid-cook alarm to remind you to shake food.
– Modern touch screen display is both functional and attractive.
Cook’s Essentials 5.3qt Digital Air Fryer with 10 Presets and Pan
This model, offered through QVC, is an extra-large air fryer that can easily cook or a crowd. A 5.3 quart basket cooks steak, chicken, fish, fries and much more. The Cook’s Essential air fryer offers 10 preset programs for the simplest cooking yet.
Along with the standard frying basket, this model includes a casserole pan that is excellent for baking main dishes as well as desserts. The free recipe book has 30 unique recipes or you to try with your new fryer.
– One-year limited manufacturer’s warranty covers defects.
– Stylish design adds a touch of color and class to your kitchen.
– 10 preset programs allow even the most unseasoned cook to fry like a pro.
NuWave 6qt Digital Air Fryer
The NuWave Six Quart air fryer is both the largest and most expensive on our list. It may be well worth the price if you have a crowd to feed. This air fryer is ideal for large families, parties, potlucks and more.
Along with traditional frying, this model bakes, grills, roasts and toasts. You can prepare nearly any recipe using this fryer. It may replace all of your appliances while also making food in the healthiest of manners.
– Extra large basket makes enough food for a crowd.
– Digital temperature display is easy to read.
– Cooks food and keeps it warm until you are ready to eat.
Best Air Fryers under $100
You’ve seen them on television. You’ve seen them in sales papers. Maybe your best friend or next door neighbor even has one. Air fryers are all the rage, and you want one, too.
The problems is, this useful, compact kitchen appliance seems to be priced outside your budget. Never fear, because air fryers are available in an economical price range.
Are the less expensive air fryers of good quality? Are they just as good as the pricier models? Why should you buy an air fryer, anyway? We’re here to answer all of these questions, and more.
* Prices change from time to time based on availability & merchant seller. Last updated: 1-13-2018
[wpv-view name=”top-5-comparison-table” wpvgroup=”under-100″ caption=”Top 5 Air Fryers under $100″]
Are Air Fryers Worth the Price?
Air fryers on the on the market today range in price from around $50.00 to well over $300.00.
Are they worth the hype?
Air fryers are beneficial for a number of reasons. They are more energy efficient than conventional ovens, requiring less preheating time, less cook time, and less electricity to operate. The food is touted as being a healthier alternative to deep-fried treats because it uses much less oil – 75 to 80 percent less, on average. The compact design makes it an ideal appliance for efficiency apartments, dorm rooms, and minimalist kitchens.
What does an air fryer do?
It is basically a compact convection oven that cooks food rapidly using super-heated air. A fan within the appliance circulates the air for even and efficient cooking. This leaves food crispy on the outside while moist on the inside. The result is similar to frying, but without the grease.
How often should you expect to use your air fryer?
Many owners report using their appliance at least 3 to 4 days per week. That’s a lot of use – and the convenience of the air fryer will save you time and hassle in the process. Good food and peace of mind – that’s too good of a deal to pass up.
Are Digital Air Fryers Better Than Manual?
As we saw in the product comparison above, pricier air fryers have interesting features such as digital touch screen displays, while some of the less expensive models have manual controls in the form of buttons and knobs. Are digital air fryers superior?
Digital displays offer a number of features that manual controls do not. For example, digital controls make it easy to customize temperature, cook time, and other options. Some even have presets that allow you to pre-program the air fryer for your favorite foods. For example, if you frequently heat pizza at 375 degrees for two minutes, your appliance will remember and you can make your pizza with a simple touch of a button. Digital air fryers also include a lighted display so you can easily check the temperature and remaining time.
Manual air fryers still allow you to control temperature and cook time, although the ranges of each may be more limited. To set a manual air fryer, you will use one knob to determine the temperature, and another to set the cook time.
Is one method preferable? That is a matter of personal preference. Whether fancy or not, you can use your air fryer to cook like a pro.
What are the Differences Between Cheap and Expensive Air Fryers?
While traversing the aisles of your favorite department store or home supply outlet, your gaze falls upon a display of sleek, inviting air fryers. What’s the difference? Which air fryer should you invest in? You notice, however, that their prices vary widely – from the $50.00 to $90.00 range to those costing hundreds of dollars.
The differences in use and design fall into four main categories. For illustrative purposes, we’ll examine the features three air fryers representing opposite ends of the spectrum. The Philips XL Air Fryer tips the scales on the high side, while the Stove & Brick and Costzon 3.2 quart air fryers are more affordable.
Air fryers may differ in terms of:
1. Appliance size and food capacity. Understandably, the less expensive models are often smaller in size overall. This translates to smaller frying baskets and less capacity. Let’s see how the contenders stack up:
- The Philips XL air fryer holds a whopping 2.6 pounds of food or the equivalent of two large bags of frozen french fries. This is touted as “the perfect capacity to feed 4 people,” but over half a pound of food, each sounds like more than a serving size. This air fryer is ideal for feeding large groups.
- The 3.2 quart air fryers hold much less, 2 to 3 servings at most. The capacity of the Costzon frying basket is 7.3 by 3.5 inches, and Stove & Brick measures 7.5 by 3.75 inches. Either will hold two chicken breasts or four drumsticks.
- Another size comparison could be drawn from the overall size and weight of the machine. The Philips XL weighs 19 pounds and has dimensions of 16.6 by 12.4 by 11.9 inches. The other models are easier to move and handle at 10 and 12 pounds each, and take up only about a cubic foot of counter space.
So, if you’re looking to feed only two or three people – or cut back on the portion sizes of a larger group – the affordable models are ideal. Even if you had a feed an army, the smaller models are ready to stand up to repeated use.
2. Wattage. Wattage is a measure of the electrical power needed to operate a device. Let’s compare:
- The Philips XL air fryer has a wattage of 1750.
- Costzon’s air fryer has a wattage of 1500.
What do these numbers mean to you? Basically, the larger model may heat faster and become hotter overall, but the smaller, lower wattage model will get the job done while using a bit less energy.
3. Digital displays and automated presets. How do our samples compare?
- The Philips and Stove & Brick models offer a futuristic digital touchscreen display, while the Costzon air fryer has manual knobs.
- The Philips XL also has a smart preset button that “memorizes” the cooking settings for frequently-used recipes.
- The Costzon air fryer includes an automatic shut-off timer for safety.
The bottom line is, these features are fancy and fun, but not necessarily better. Even the most basic models have built-in temperature controls and settable timers, all you need to get the job done.
4. Additional accessories. Not surprisingly, more expensive models often come with “goodies” to entice you to buy. The Philips XL, for example, comes with a recipe booklet and access to a smartphone app. For the larger air fryers (3.7 quarts and above), additional accessories can be purchased separately, including cake pans, pizza pans, silicone trivets and metal cooling racks.
When buying an air fryer on the cheap, you’re not likely to get any extras with it. Keep in mind, however, that the basics – the pan and basket that are integral to every air fryer – will allow you to cook nearly anything you could imagine. With a bit of creativity, you may find other oven-safe dishes, such as mini cake pans, that will fit in the small fryer’s basket.
In review, what is the difference between more and less expensive air fryers? More expensive fryers come with all the bells and whistles, so to speak. The additional features can be fun to use but are not entirely necessary. You can achieve all the benefits of using an air fryer – healthier and faster cooking, reduced energy usage, and delectable flavors, for instance – with even the most basic of models.
Recommended Air Fryers
The following list includes many of the best models on the market today.
Stove & Brick 3.2 Quart Air Fryer
- EAT HEALTHY - Air frying provides an oil-free alternative to enjoying fried foods, vegetables and meat. Even great for vegetarians and vegans!
Touted as being “noticeably quiet,” this air fryer is designed for ease of use. The large display is easy to see and maneuver, and the cooking basket is simple to remove and replace with no “special instructions” for unlocking it. This feature is unique among air fryers and addresses one of the most common user complaints.
- Extra large digital touch screen for ease of use
- Dishwasher safe pan and basket with no-peel non-stick coating made from non-toxic,
organic silicone resin
- Noise reduction technology for quieter convection
- Square basket that allows for larger food capacity than rounded models
Cozyna 3.7 Quart Air Fryer
- Full flavor, zero guilt by using less oil: The air fryer technology is the healthiest alternative to frying with oil
Choose between a sleek black and chrome manual air fryer or a shiny, rectangular air fryer with a digital display. This model exceeds the maximum temperatures of most other air fryers in its class, cooking at temperatures up to 400 degrees.
- Available with digital or manual controls
- Includes print and digital cookbooks totaling over 50 recipes
- Stormic air flow technology
- Temperatures up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleanup
Avalon Bay 3.7 Quart Air Fryer
- 90 DAY RETURNS: If you are not completely satisfied with your Avalon-Bay Air Fryer, simply return it within 90 days of receipt for a full refund.
A sleek and colorful model with an egg shaped design, this air fryer is uniquely equipped to bake small cakes, pizzas, and other pastries, straight out of the box – no additional accessories needed. If you want an affordable air fryer with the same extras as the big guys, this is the one for you.
- Comes in your choice of black, red, or white exterior to match any kitchen decor
- Heats up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Includes an additional non-stick baking dish for making personal pizzas, cakes, and more
- 52 page cookbook included
NuWave 36001 Brio Air Fryer
- Digital LED controls ensure accuracy and consistent results
A lightweight champ at only eight pound, this air fryer’s optional accessory kit sets it apart from the rest. Use the adjustable rack to cook two or more types of food at once. Spring form pans are also available from the manufacturer, allow you even greater culinary possibilities.
- Extremely light weight, making it ideal for college dorms or frequent moves
- Digital display enables accurate control
- Optional accessory kit includes 30 recipe cookbook, reversible 1/4 inch to 2 inch stainless steel rack, and nonstick baking pan
- Square basket design allows for maximum capacity in a small appliance
- Safety features prevent operation when basket is not in place
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleanup
Bella Electric Hot Air Fryer
- 1500 watt convection-type circulating heat system
The Bella air fryer is the most price-conscious model to make our list. Small in stature, this little fryer has a large capacity of 2.2 pounds – nearly as much as the Philips XL. It uses manual controls with separate knobs for time and temperature.
- Extremely affordable
- Heats up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Up to 2.2 pound capacity
- 60 minute timer offers longer cook times and automatic safety shutoff
GoWise USA 3.7 Quart Programmable 7-in-1 Air Fryer
GoWise may be the wisest choice on our list if you’re looking for an affordable air fryer with all the fixings. Not only does this air fryer come in three colors and sport a digital display, but it also has seven pre-programmed cooking functions for various types of food. An optional accessory set is available that rivals those of larger, more expensive models.
- Touch screen display for accurate programming
- 7 built in “smart programs,” including chips, meat, fish, shrimp, chicken, and steak.
- Your choice of red, white, or black exterior to match your kitchen decor
- Optional accessory set that includes a 7 inch baking pan, 8 inch pizza or pie pan, insert rack with three skewers, an additional insert rack, a toasting rack for bread or taco shells, and a silicone trivet.
You can obtain a high quality air fryer on a budget. The above models are proof that there are numerous models available for under $100.00. If you’ve got an extra c-note in your pocket, buy yourself an air fryer today. Your taste buds will thank you. The only question that remains is, what’s for dinner?
A tight budget should never keep your from enjoying delicious, healthy fried foods. Whether you seek a smaller 3qt model or a larger fryer, any fryer in this list will make an excellent addition to your kitchen. We recommend the GoWise USA 3.7-Quart Programmable 7-in-1 Air Fryer or the GoWise USA 5.8-Quart Programmable 8-in-1 Air Fryer. GoWise is our favorite brand for affordability and dependability. What are you waiting for? Start enjoying healthier fried food now!