- 3L Capacity fits up to 5lb Whole Chicken!
- Exclusive Rotating Basket - The basket rotates food during cooking for fast, even results! Plus, it features a quick-release end cap for easy use.
- Rotisserie Attachment Included - The rotisserie attachment and cooking function deliver mouthwatering results on whole chickens, large cuts of meat, and more.
- Dishwasher-Safe Parts - Simplify cleanup with the removable dishwasher-safe parts. Plus, the exterior of the air fryer is easy to wipe clean.
- Up to 50% Less Fat* - Air frying helps cut the fat! The innovative cooking method uses hot air to cook and crisp your fried favorites without all the fat.
- Simon Schuster
- Hardcover Book
- Foreman, George (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 240 Pages - 11/05/2004 (Publication Date) - Simon & Schuster (Publisher)
- 4 Servings - Tight on kitchen space? The 60-square inch grill is the most popular George Foreman Grill, with space for a tasty main course for four, or a complete meal with veggies and other sides.
- Removable Plates - Easy cleanup is essential, and that’s what the removable grill plates are all about. Pop them in the dishwasher after grilling and they’ll be ready to go for your next meal.
- 35% Faster Heatup - Less time heating, more time eating! The improved heating elements preheat 35% faster* to get you from plug-in to plate in record time.
- Advanced George Tough Nonstick Coating - There’s a lot to love about this nonstick coating. It’s 3x¹ more durable, easy to clean, and removes the need for butter and oil.
- Fat-Removing Slope - It’s the sure sign of a George Foreman Grill. The sloped grilling surface helps remove up to 42% of fat** from meats for lean, tasty meals.
- 5 Servings - Everyone to the dinner table! The sizeable grilling surface lets you make five servings of everybody’s favorites all at the same time
- Versatility - Expand your food horizons! This Evolve model includes premium ceramic grill/Panini plates and nonstick waffle plates. Choose your plate and get cooking!
- Digital Timer and Temperature Controls - Perfect heat is the secret ingredient. The digital controls give you precise time (up to 20 minutes) and temperature options (300-425°F), plus the panel is easy to wipe clean
- 500°F Searing - Put a delicious crust on your favorite grilled meats. The special searing button raises the grill to 500°F for 60 seconds, then returns it to the previously set temperature
- Removable Plates - Easy cleanup is essential, and that’s what the removable grill plates are all about. Pop them in the dishwasher after grilling and they’ll be ready to go for your next meal
George Foreman has been a household name in healthy eating since the release of the George Foreman Lean Mean Fat-Reducing Grilling Machine, or George Foreman Grill, in 1994. After more than two decades of steaks and paninis prepared on this electric grill, George Foreman’s personal branding is taking the cooking experience up a notch with the introduction of the George Foreman Twist ‘N Crisp air fryer.
What is this air fryer like? How does it work, and what accessories can be used with it? We’ll share our honest opinions, as well as the sentiments of hundreds of Twist ‘N Crisp users, to help you decide if this air fryer is the right fit for your family.
What is the George Foreman Twist ‘N Crisp Air Fryer?
The George Foreman Twist ‘N Crisp is a dedicated air fryer that engages a unique design. It incorporates translucent viewing windows, a rotisserie spit, and a rotating fryer basket.
Key Features of the George Foreman Twist ‘N Crisp Air Fryer
The most notable feature of the George Foreman Twist ‘N Crisp is its rotating frying basket. The basket turns constantly while the food is cooking, resulting in fast, even air frying. Its use is made simple by the presence of a one-touch quick-release end cap.
Your most delicate foods may not be suited to constant agitation. Never fear, because the George Foreman air fryer can also be used with an included bake rack. The rack has an adjustable design that allows for small objects to be placed near the heating element, while larger food items rest farther from it.
Both the baking rack and rotating basket are dishwasher safe.
The George Foreman Twist ‘N Crisp has a 3-liter capacity, enabling it to roast a chicken weighing up to 5 pounds. It is 11.3 inches wide and 12.7 inches tall, allowing it to fit easily on most kitchen counters.
The control panel is located on the front of the appliance’s lid. It has a digital display and eight touchscreen buttons. The timer operates for up to 60 minutes and the temperature ranges from 200 to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
This air fryer also features a panoramic viewing window, which allows you to observe the fryer’s contents from the front and both sides.
How Does the George Foreman Twist ‘N Crisp Air Fryer Work?
The George Foreman Twist ‘N Crisp air fryer essentially works on the same cooking principles as do all air fryers. Air fryers are a type of countertop convection oven. This means that heating elements superheat the air inside the appliance. Convection fans then circulate the air for fast, even cooking.
However, the overall design of the George Foreman air fryer differs somewhat from most other air fryer models. Rather than a stationary frying basket or even an optional rotisserie basket, a rotating basket is the standard for the George Foreman Twist ‘N Crisp. The basket rests in a horizontal position with a lid that closes securely over it. The lid actually contains the convection fan.
Air frying produces a Maillard reaction, a chemical reaction between amino acids and sugars. This results in the browning and savory flavor that deep-fried and air fried treats are known for.
What Comes Inside the Box?
When you unbox your George Foreman Twist ‘N Crisp air fryer, you will find the appliance itself, a removable nonstick bowl, the rotating drum, the drum lid with a drive shaft, and a baking rack. Some models may also include tongs, kebab skewers, two skewer holders, a rotisserie spindle, rotisserie forks, or a sandwich basket. These latter accessories are not compatible with and therefore not included with all models.
A user’s manual, recipe booklet, and other documentation will also be included. Use and care manuals can also be found online.
Included Accessories and Attachments
You can air fry items using the included rotating basket and baking rack. Some, but not all, models of the George Foreman Twist ‘N Crisp are compatible with additional accessories. These include a rotisserie spit and forks for roasting meat items like a leg of lamb or a whole chicken. Kebab skewers and a flat, rectangular sandwich basket are also available with some models.
Please note that while the latter items are “consumer replacable” – available for purchase apart from the appliance – they are not compatible with Twist ‘N Crisp models that do not originally include them.
What We Like
The translucent viewing window is an uncommon feature. We like the windows because they allow you to check on the progress of your cooking without opening the air fryer, interrupting the cooking cycle and releasing contained heat. Instead, you can simply take a peek to see if your chicken or French fries are cooked to perfection.
The rotating basket or drum is very secure, with two latches that prevent it from opening unintentionally during cooking. The lid of the air fryer opens easily with the touch of a button.
What We Don’t Like
The control panel of the Twist ‘N Crisp air fryer was designed to be intuitive, but this may actually make it confusing to some users. It employs a touchscreen with eight buttons. Each button is marked with an icon rather than written words. The power button, time and temperature selections, and up/down arrows are standard, but the other icons may be difficult to understand. The circles with arrows initiate the air frying sequence; the oven with black and white triangles on its face turns on the roast/bake feature; the oven with wavy lines turns on the grill function.
Removal of the rotating basket can also be cumbersome when compared to conventional air fryers. Two handles that rest on the sides of the appliance are used to safely remove it.
Finally, while some promotional material pictures a small chicken on a rotisserie spit, such accessories are not currently available for all models.
What Customers Are Saying
Most users are extremely satisfied with their George Foreman Twist ‘N Crisp air fryer. Both experienced air fryer users and those new to air frying appreciated the rotating basket and the baking rack that allows for larger or more delicate food items.
Most of the complaints noted were foibles common to the air fryer market, such as defective units that stopped working or produced a burnt plastic smell.
Some customers found that upon receipt, the baking rack was not present within the box. Communication with customer support typically resolved this issue. Others noted a desire for additional accessories, such as kebab skewers and rotisserie forks, which are not compatible with all models.
The George Foreman Twist ‘N Crisp is backed by a 3-year limited manufacturer’s warranty – one of the longest warranties in today’s air fryer market.
The George Foreman Twist ‘N Crisp air fryer has received generally positive reviews. Its design is very different from that of most other dedicated air fryers. Most users found the design effective even if a bit cumbersome.
The longer-than-average 3-year manufacturer’s warranty suggests that its manufacturers stand behind their product. It also increases consumer confidence when making the purchase because if something does go wrong, you are covered.