Air Fryer Snack Food
You can make all of these air fryer snack food recipes with no other cooking appliance than an air fryer.
If you are hosting an event and want to serve easy air fryer snacks, or you just want a few treats for yourself and your family, then these air fryer snack foods are perfect for you. The best part about all of these recipes is that they are quick to prepare and cook in the air fryer. So you can spend less time in the kitchen prepping and more time enjoying your evening!
We have compiled a list of the best and easiest (healthy and less-so) snack foods that can be made with an air fryer:
Air Fryer Kale Chips – try different spices!
- This recipe is super simple and can be easily adjusted to your taste. You’ll need a lot of kale, though. We like to use the curly kind and it takes a whole bunch. The nice thing about this is that a head of kale really goes far and it’s not terribly expensive.
- Wash the kale and then dry thoroughly before removing all the stems and tearing into chip-sized pieces. You can keep them all separate on a large baking sheet or put them in a giant mixing bowl if you prefer tossing everything together before plating out onto your air fryer baskets.
- Toss in some oil with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika or whatever other seasonings you prefer.*
Place small batches of kale chips in your air fryer basket so that they’re not touching too much (or overlapping).
*Important note. Don’t go over board on the seasoning so you don’t end up with a burnt mess in the bottom of your air fryer. This is highly variable for temperature and time depending on how dry or old your kale is. You also need to be careful that it’s not so lightweight that it doesn’t get pulling into your burner by the fan!
Air Fryer Snack Food, Popcorn, Kernel popcorn, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, popcorn kernels
How to make popcorn in the air fryer:
- Place 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in the bottom of your air fryer.
- Add 1/4 cup of kernel popcorn kernels. Close the basket, and set to 350°F for 3 minutes.
- Enjoy! (You can add butter or cheese after cooking if you like — we didn’t find it necessary.)
Air Fryer Snack Food, Dumplings, vegetable dumplings, mushroom dumplings, pork dumplings with hot chili sauce
- Dumplings are portable, easy snack food.
- They can be filled with vegetables, pork, or just about anything else.
- Vegetable dumplings can be a healthy option for vegetarians so long as they don’t contain eggs.
- Pork dumplings are high in fat but very yummy. Try them with hot chili sauce!
Egg Rolls, Pork and Shrimp Egg Rolls, or Veggie and Tofu Egg Rolls with Soy Sauce
- Egg rolls are a great snack food. You can make them at home in your air fryer. There are many great recipes to choose from. For example, you could try Pork and Shrimp Egg Rolls, or Veggie and Tofu Egg Rolls with Soy Sauce.
Hot Pockets – homemade or store-bought; Super healthy or super not healthy.
Homemade Hot Pockets
You can use your air fryer to make homemade hot pockets that are healthier than packaged snacks. Plus, you’ll be able to customize them to whatever fillings you love! Here’s what you need:
- 1 lb. ground beef, chicken, or turkey
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese. This recipe makes about 6 servings (1 serving= 2 hot pockets). You’ll also need to place the dough on something such as parchment paper or some foil.
Jalapeno Poppers – breaded or unbreaded.
Jalapeno poppers are a delicious, cheesy snack. However, traditionally they are deep fried and not so fun on your waistline! Now, you can make bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers in the air fryer that are amazing, crispy and low in fat!
There are many different ways to make jalapeno poppers. Some people like to wrap them in bacon and some don’t. Some people like stuffed peppers with cream cheese and some like it with cheddar or other cheeses. You can also cook them differently in the oven or on the grill wrapped in foil.
The great part about this recipe is that it is so easy to make! If you use store-bought bacon wrapped jalapenos then all you have to do is pop them into your air fryer at 375 degrees for 7 – 10 minutes depending on how hot your air fryer gets and BOOM, perfect jalapeno poppers every time!
Papas Bravas – crispy potatoes tossed in a spicy mayonnaise sauce.
To make air fryer papas bravas, you’ll need to prepare the potatoes and the sauce. For the potatoes, you can use this recipe. Since we’re already using an air fryer, we may as well mention that you can make your own mayonnaise too! If you don’t feel like doing it from scratch (because we don’t typically), store-bought is fine – nobody’s going to know as long as it’s quality mayo.
The first step is to cut the potatoes into small pieces and blanch them in water for three minutes before draining them and leaving them out to dry for about ten minutes. Toss with oil, salt and pepper then cook in a single layer at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes, tossing halfway through.
While those are cooking up in your trusty air fryer, it’s time to make the papas bravas sauce – a mixture of chili powder and mayonnaise. Just mix together some good chili powder with some olive oil so its not too thick then add salt until it tastes just right – remember this is a spice dip so more salt than usual is probably just fine! Then add fresh lemon juice or lime juice if you want more zing in your zang!
Some great air fryers:
Some related recipes: